No question, just a report

setigamer
setigamer
Community Member

I'm running 1P7 desktop on an iMac and then discovered your browser extensions when I was forced to install Firefox Quantum because of a unique sync issue with Chrome, it pushes all the Extensions and now I have a ridiculous number of clients running all over the damn place.

Anyway, the issue I encountered is using the 1P7 app iMac High Sierra 10.13.6 menu to "Install Browser Extensions." You open a default brower and point to your website rather than the Firefox AddOn Store. The first Firefox "1Password7" sat idle doing nothing. I then tried your beta and again it did nothing. I then tried the Firefox AddOn Website and it installed "1 Password X." Is that an OS -X version? Anyway, I had set up 2-tier authentication and I happened to realize I should probably log out of all the clients. So i'm not sure what worked, the 1Password| X version or logging out everywhere. Just a heads up.

Vic

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.10.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@setigamer - thanks, Vic! Sorry for the trouble. 1Password X is a version of 1Password that works only with 1password.com accounts, and does not require a companion native app. 1Password typically works as a native app, paired with one or more browser extensions, but those browser extensions do not work without the native applications.

If you're using only 1password.com vaults, you could use either 1Password X or the regular 1Password for Mac - with - browser - extension setup. But if you have local (standalone) vaults, or you want to use the native 1Password applications, you'll want the regular browser extension. If it doesn't work with Firefox, there are troubleshooting steps we can help you take, but can you clarify for me what the situation is now? Thanks.

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. I had move to Firefox on my iMac from chrome because all the plugins synced to my android. So I ended up with 8 current client logins running desktop, browser apps, and extensions. Had the same with Authy versions lol.
    I'm at work so I'll reassess the mess later tonight. I'll be in touch.

Thanks again. V

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

I'm using 1P7 desktop with 1P X from Mozilla Addons. Everything was just getting smooth when I had to my toys away and earn.

V

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

Lars,
    To close this stuff out... Everything is working beautifully on my iMac. Let's go ahead and close this. Thanks for your help!

Vic

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@setigamer - excellent! Glad to hear you were able to get everything sorted. Have a great rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.