1password extension always has to be reconnected

apricotandpearjam
apricotandpearjam
Community Member

Hi guys.
Ive spoken to the support team who tell me something is wrong with my system permissions and thats whats causing this issue.
Ive been researching for months on whether there is anything wrong with my system, using apps, speaking to apple etc to make sure there are no nasty files or damaged permissions.
Basically every time i restart and open safari i have to re-connect 1password. It normally crashes, i have to force quit, reopen and connect to safari and its ok until the next time.
Agilebits have given up on me saying that they cant help any further.
Can someone please try to help me figure out whats going on?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@apricotandpearjam - welcome back, and I'm sorry to hear this issue continues to be an issue. :( To be clear, you did not speak with only "the support team," you had an email exchange with our lead Mac developer who told you there was something else on your computer which seemed to be interfering with 1Password for Mac, but we were unable to see what that might be from your diagnostics.

I'd love to be able to assist you, but unless something's changed since that conversation in mid-June, I don't think anyone at the forum here is going to be able to help you where our lead Mac developer could not. My only question to you at this point would be to ask whether you'd tried to set up a new user account on your Mac (empty, fresh) and see whether 1Password worked there? If not, you might try that, and it might help narrow things down. Finally, as a last resort, I would consider backing up your data and re-installing macOS.

ref: LJU-32646-697

This discussion has been closed.