To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

i have a license but cannot access secret key.adding service to second machine stuck in 'read only'

Options

i've have a 1password account (single license). I'm setting up a second laptop and am stuck in 'read only' as I do not seem to have anyway to login to my account and/or access secret key. ?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: chrome
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:i have a license but cannot access secret key.adding service to second machine stuck in 'read only'

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mattmgaffney: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you bought a license, you don't have a Secret Key. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. As far as registering the app, you just need to apply the license from the email you received when purchasing. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mattmgaffney
    mattmgaffney
    Community Member
    Options

How do i apply the license?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mattmgaffney: Just click the link in the email. That will download it to you can open it on your computer. :)

• mattmgaffney
    mattmgaffney
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty would you mind sending that license link to my email on record pls? ty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mattmgaffney: Done. :)

This discussion has been closed.