4 Macs and one is stuck using iCloud vault and iCloud vault password vs the 1Password subscription

cwall64
cwall64
Community Member

having issues with one Mac out of 4 and 2 devices getting it to use the "personal" vault with the subscription from 1Password. I found on the iPad and iPhone to just delete the vault from them, but on the Mac there doesn't seem to be an option to do that. I installed and migrated when version 7 came out, but this one seems to be problematic - and the password on that vault is one watchtower has identified as compromised.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud and 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:primary iCloud vault still in use

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cwall64 - sorry for the confusion! You have four Macs you use 1Password on? Plus other iOS devices? I think, if that's the case, we'd better look at some diagnostics reports. Can you confirm that for me? Watchtower should never be able to know - let alone evaulate - your Master Password, unless you put your Master Password for 1Password into a password field of an item within 1Password itself.

• cwall64
    cwall64
    Community Member

@Lars sorry for the confusion. The password i used for my iCloud vault many years ago (2010 timeframe) was a password that was also used in other places. I know not a good idea, but back then it was not as weak as it is today... So, my issue is since the 1 Mac sees the iCloud vault as the Primary (i assume) that Mac uses the weak password to unlock the vault (it also has the Personal vault from the 1Password service). All the other Macs and devices use the new strong one i used with the 1Password subscription service. Main thing i want to do is get rid of the iCloud vault, since i have the subscription services now. I did the import on another Mac (retired) when i did the upgrade to 1Password 7, so all the data is there. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cwall64 - ah, OK - thanks for the clarification. If you're certain that your 1password.com account contains a complete and up-to-date copy of your data, then all you need to do is remove vaults on your devices. Here's how:

• In 1Password 7 for Mac

• From your Mac's menubar, choose Vault > Select Vault > Delete (name) vault -- you must do this for secondary vault(s) first, and do the Primary vault last, of this won't work.
    • In 1Password for iOS

• Open Settings > Vaults, select a vault and click "Delete Vault" - again, do the Primary vault last.

That should take care of everything, but let us know if you run into any problems or have additional questions. :)

• cwall64
    cwall64
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@Lars thanks, that is what i was looking for! Done and working... I had no problem finding on the iOS devices, just couldn't find on the Mac, didn't even look in the toolbar!

• Thanks for the update @cwall64. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.