Have 1pw6, upgraded to 1pw7. I cannot get my old data to the new 1pw7.

chrispxyz
chrispxyz
Community Member

Instructions are useless. Nothing the instructions state I see on my copy of 1pw7. How do I get my data fro 1pw6 to 1pw7. I never had an account prior to downloading 1pw7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @chrispxyz

This should happen automatically. Could you please walk us through what you did to upgrade to 1Password 7? There may be a sequence of steps in upgrading that results in the data not being carried forward into the new version... If that is the case we’d certainly like to get it fixed up.

Thanks.

Ben

• chrispxyz
    chrispxyz
    Community Member

I downloaded 7 and installed the software. I scanned the security key and entered the master pw. That was basically it.

• So to be clear: you created a 1Password membership outside of 1Password for Mac and then when you installed 1Password 7 for Mac you selected the “already have an account” option? You did not add this account to 1Password 6 for Mac before upgrading?

Ben

• chrispxyz
    chrispxyz
    Community Member

No, I didn't have an account (one of the confusing things about 1password). I don't remember where I purchased 1pw the first time. I have some data on dropbox. I never saw a question "already have an account".

• Okay, thanks @chrispxyz. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95482/
    • Your forum username: chrispxyz

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• chrispxyz
    chrispxyz
    Community Member

file sent

• Resolved via email. Thanks for your patience with this. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.