missing icons [Sync and backups tabs intentionally hidden when signed into 1Password membership]

gazzer147
gazzer147
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

installed 1password 7 on Mac, signed in, there is no back up, sync icon?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.1.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gazzer147

That is correct: when signed into a membership account those tabs are not present as there are no options within them that apply to 1Password memberships.

Ben

• gazzer147
    gazzer147
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

how do you set sync and back up?
    what account gives these options
    gave I chosen wrong account?

• how do you set sync and back up?

You don’t. With 1Password membership sync and backups are handled automatically. That is part of the benefit of membership: less manual configuration.

Ben

• gazzer147
    gazzer147
    Community Member

where is it backed up to?

• 1Password memberships are backed up and synced with 1Password.com:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Ben

• gazzer147
    gazzer147
    Community Member

Thankyou

I used to have it linked to a drop box account is that no longer required?

• You're most welcome and correct; Dropbox is no longer required for 1Password. 1Password.com handles everything that Dropbox would have as far as 1Password is concerned. :)

Ben

• gazzer147
    gazzer147
    Community Member

can I view this back up, if I want to import the backup how do I locate it?

• gazzer147
    gazzer147
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

The vault that should show item history etc is not available when i login, is this because I am on a free 1 month trial?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gazzer147 - I'm not sure I understand: there is no special vault for item history; if an item has a history (i.e. if any changes have been made to it since it was first created or imported), then there will be history viewable for that record. However, other than password items, none of this is viewable within the 1Password apps currently (including 1Password for Mac). That's why the link Ben provided above starts out with To get started, sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.