Missing Generic Accounts

JUnderwo
JUnderwo
Community Member

My phone upgrade to version 7 of 1Password, it then update my vault. Now all the generic accounts are missing?

How can I get the generic accounts back?

Thanks,
John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PLaTiNuM
    PLaTiNuM
    Community Member

Just some additional info since I had a similar issue and will keep an eye on this thread for resolution. I also use the paid version of 1Password for Windows and access my vault via Android free for passwords on the go. Google Play automatically updated 1Password on my phone. When opened on Android, I was prompted to update my vault and enable fingerprint verification which I did.

Different than the others, I was able to open the newly converted OPVault on both Android and Windows, BUT a ton of my accounts were missing. Logins, Wallet, SecureNotes, and GeneratedPasswords all seem to be there, but I was missing about 100 items under the Accounts page. The only 2 items in Accounts were 2 Email accounts. Luckily, I stumbled across this thread and renaming the "legacy" vault I was able to open the old vault in Windows and all my Accounts were still there.

I have not changed my 1Password MasterPassword ever, from Windows or Android (though maybe that explains why I had a similar issue, but was still able to log in to the new vault). I'm just concerned that the converted OPVault seemed to be missing so many items. It would be kind of a pain if I have to ditch accessing 1Password on my Android just because it's going to update to a new format.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot open vault after updating Android app.
  • Hey @PLaTiNuM. I split your post from the thread relating to Master Passwords, and merged it with this other thread on the same topic. :)

@JUnderwo. If you are both using 1Password 4, there's a category supported in that version called Generic Accounts, which isn't supported anywhere else, as it's a legacy category, specific to 1Password 4 for Windows. When you sync with another device, or switch to another version of 1Password, we remap these items to the Logins category, as Generic Accounts aren't supported on other platforms or in other versions.

Can you please look in the Logins category for your account items?

• JUnderwo
    JUnderwo
    Community Member

They are not in the Logins category. I have search all categories and they are not there.

• PLaTiNuM
    PLaTiNuM
    Community Member

Thanks Peri, I thought it was completely related to the OPVault upgrade and didn't know it was a legacy item. It does seem that the OPVault upgrade lost them though.
    When I re-open the vault that was created by upgrading my Android app (OPVault format) on both Windows and Android, almost all of my Generic Accounts are completely gone. They're not in Logins or anywhere else. Only 2 E-Mail accounts remain in the Generic Accounts tab, everything else is missing. If I open my old agilekeychain (renamed from agilekeychainlegacy*) all of the items are there. I'm not all that concerned since I can get my items back, but it would be good to know why the upgrade lost them. I'd like to upgrade my paid Windows version to OPVault so Android is synched again, but I can't do that without converting everything from Generic Accounts to Logins? Does this require a new license?

• Thanks @JUnderwo and @PLaTiNuM. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95513/missing-generic-accounts#latest
    • Your forum username

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• PLaTiNuM
    PLaTiNuM
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Thanks @peri. I sent the report: #TQD-15472-778

• peri
    edited September 2018

Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you soon!

ref: TQD-15472-778

• AnJaRa
    AnJaRa
    Community Member

Hi I have the same issue after updating my Android to version 7. The Android app created a new OPVault file but it is missing 21 'Generic Accounts' and 1 iCloud account. It seems as if these account types are not mapped to a category on version 7 of the Mobile App.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AnJaRa: Are you using 1Password on any computers? There may be a better option to convert legacy data.

• AnJaRa
    AnJaRa
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, yes I sync with a PC and Laptop. Before the upgrade to V7 on the mobile app everything worked fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AnJaRa: Thanks for letting me know! 1Password for Windows version 7 has a much more powerful converter, so it may be best to try to convert the vault there instead:

1. Install the app (if you haven't already): https://1password.com/downloads/
    2. Go to 1Password menu > New vault on this PC...
    3. Give it a name, Master Password, and location to save that you prefer
    4. Go to 1Password menu > Import > AgileKeychain to select your old vault, the one with the date you want
    5. Enter the old vault's Master Password and choose the new vault you just created as the target for the imported data
    6. Verify that all of you data is now in the new OPvault you just saved and imported into
    7. Reinstall 1Password for Android and set it up to use that same vault (e.g. in Dropbox)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AnJaRa
    AnJaRa
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, thanks for the steps to resolve. Can you advise on how I can transfer my 1Password 4 licence to V7?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AnJaRa: You're very welcome! 1Password for Windows version 4 licenses are only valid for that app though. Version 7 is a separate purchase. You can find pricing in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

But if you'd prefer to stick with version 4, you'll need to follow these steps instead. :)

• AnJaRa
    AnJaRa
    Community Member

Hello Brenty, I'll stick with V 4 for the moment thank you. That's all completed now thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AnJaRa: Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.