Firefox extension is not functioning.

setigamer
setigamer
Community Member

Browser: Firefox Quantum 62.0 (64-bit), 1Password extension 4.7.3.90
Desktop: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store

(Note: The 1Password X version 1.10.3 works great, but I'm trying to limit the number of clients actively connected from my devices)

I believe this guy is having some troubles finding my desktop app. The menu item for 1Password is there when I right click but selecting it does nothing. The "Fill Login in browser" in the Item menu on the desktop app loads the webpage but doesn't fill any login. I do have the 1Password extension helper enabled, and Firefox password stuff is unchecked.

Ran the firefox ext debugger and got the output below:

Could not map contract ID '@mozilla.org/fxaccounts/push;1' to CID {1b7db999-2ecd-4abf-bb95-a726896798ca} because no implementation of the CID is registered. components.manifest:163
DebuggeeWouldRun: debuggee `self-hosted:6944' would run previewers.js:455:35
Use of nsIFile in content process is deprecated.
NetUtil.jsm:266:12
1Password version 4.7.3 loaded @ Wed Sep 12 2018 10:44:42 GMT-0800 (AKDT) global.min.js:119:396
Finished loading auth configuration. Processing callbacks. global.min.js:84:463
[CHROME:NM] Port <[object Object]> disconnected: No such native application 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1 (70101000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• rudy
    edited September 2018

@setigamer,

what do you see in ~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts ?

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

Nothing, the Mozilla under Application support does not exist.

• @setigamer,

if you create that Mozilla folder and then in 1Password choose Help -> Troubleshooting -> Restart 1Password Extension Helper does the NativeMessagingHosts directory get created and populated with a JSON file for 1Password?

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

No it does not.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@setigamer - dumb question, but just to double-check: you looked under your user account root folder, not Library in the main HD folder, right? ~/Library...etc... not /Library..etc...

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

@Lars - blank stare ... >_< Ok ~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts does exist, as does the 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json

• @setigamer,

and if you relaunch Firefox does it still log the same thing about No such native application 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password ?

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

It seems to have found the application. Right click->1Password now quickly flashes the 1Password desktop app and returns to the browser without doing anything. I restarted the helper extension again and it made connection again, but same thing. It's like hitting alt-tab twice.

Could not map contract ID '@mozilla.org/fxaccounts/push;1' to CID {1b7db999-2ecd-4abf-bb95-a726896798ca} because no implementation of the CID is registered. components.manifest:163
    1Password version 4.7.3 loaded @ Wed Sep 12 2018 14:26:19 GMT-0800 (AKDT) global.min.js:119:396
    Finished loading auth configuration. Processing callbacks. global.min.js:84:463
    [CHROME]: Established connection to 1Password: [object NativeMessagingConnection] global.min.js:244:321

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

It works from the desktop app. I have to make sure the correct URL is used, selecting Fill in browser but it fills in the user/pw just fine. I tried that feature with the extension disabled and it doesn't work, so we have communication one way at least ;).

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

Ok that's just weird. While I was typing the last message I was going to test something and right clicked on 1Pass app (window was behind the browser) and I got the spinning wheel busy signal. The app went unresponsive so I had to force kill it. I also force killed the extension helper process and it restarted itself without the app running. I opened up the app again, logged in. Now the bloody extension is working!

• setigamer
    setigamer
    Community Member

Tested it a bit. Seems to work great. Guess we just needed to ding it a few times with a hammer. lol.

Thanks for the help, guys!!! Much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@setigamer - excellent! I'm not altogether sure how much we had to do with it, but if it's working now, I'd say let's go with that. ;) Let us know if you have any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.