I want subcategories under logins. How can I do that?

shandyson
shandyson
Community Member

Three Questions (for now😉)

1) How can I add sub-categories?

Logins:
Insurance
Medical
Dental
Homeowners
Auto - his
Auto - hers
Utilities
Entertainment
Shopping

Memberships:
Professional
Art Organizations
Museums
Civic

Investments:
ponzi schemes
brokerage accounts

Tech:
mac support communities
Mobile Macsters

2) Where do I put US passports, birth certificates, etc.

3) How do I add scan of important docs & can I put them with the logins?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How to do Sub-categories?

Comments

• shandyson
    shandyson
    Community Member

It didn't allow me to show it the way I typed it, I hope you get my gist.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @shandyson! I understood what you meant, despite no indenting. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to give you what you want, as Categories templates aren't editable like that. However, I do have a solution for you that should accomplish the same thing, more-or-less: tags. In each Login item, you can add tags for all of those subcategories, if you like. We even have a new (in 1Password 7 for Mac) nested tags feature that you can use to do tags within tags-style organization. Hope this helps! :)

• shandyson
    shandyson
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. I'm just now able to get back to it, but I'm going try it and I'll let you know.
    Thanks again!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@shandyson - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to offer some helpful ideas, even if it wasn't the solution you were hoping for. Definitely let us know if you have any follow-up questions. :)

• shandyson
    shandyson
    Community Member

Actually, two questions . . .

1) If I've saved a login to 1Password and later go to that site, should it autofill my login & password?

2) Where can I find out how to add photos and scanned docs, relevant to whatever item. Example: Passport

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

@shandyson - I'm not quite sure what you mean by your first question -- if you mean that you visit the site subsequently by just typing in the URL directly into the browser, or by clicking a bookmark, then no -- 1Password never automatically fills your information, for security reasons. We do have autofill, but it's what I'd call "manual autofill," in that you have to invoke it by clicking on an item in the main 1Password window itself (as opposed to "automatic autofill", which is what I think you may have been describing: just filling your information as soon as it detects you visiting a URL of a site you have saved in 1Password).

Regarding your second question, Logins are a unique category in that the best way to add them is through the use of the browser extension, allowing 1Password to do the saving/adding for you. Every other type of record in 1Password should be (must be) added by clicking the plus button (up at the top of the main window). Here’s a good illustrated walk-through; let me know if you have any questions after reading. :)

This discussion has been closed.