How to resolve version conflict of shared vault on DropBox ?

Options
DrewG
DrewG
Community Member

My iPhone 6s died at the weekend, and the backup I took of it just before it died seems to have been corrupted by the dying phone. So, I have had to restore to a backup iPhone with an older 6s backup in iTunes from April this year, including the 1Password vault from that time.

So - I now have an iPhone with a copy of the vault from April 2018.

I'm running 1Password 4.6.2 on my PC (Win10), and 7.1.1 on iOS, and syncing over DropBox.

The issue - 1Password 7 (on iOS on the backup phone) saves the April 2018 vault to DropBox, which then syncs the old vault to the PC. When I reinstate the vault on the PC from a snapshot on the PC, it syncs to DropBox but the iPhone doesn't seem to pick it up. The phone will then resync to DropBox, taking the PC vault version to April 2018 again.

How can I get my setup to accept the current PC vault and sync it to the iPhone ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrewG - if you have a complete and up-to-date copy of your 1Password data in 1Password 4 for Windows on your PC, synced via Dropbox, then you can open 1Password for iOS on your iPhone, visit Settings > Advanced and tap "Erase all 1Password Data," which will do just what it says and the quit 1Password. When you re-open the next time, you will be as if you're a new user, at which point you can choose Dropbox as your sync method, and point to the correct sync keychain in your Dropbox folder. That should do it.

• DrewG
    DrewG
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars thanks very much for your prompt reply - I will give this a go as soon as I can and let you know how it goes.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrewG - sounds good. Let me know how it goes for you. :)

• DrewG
    DrewG
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars finally got around to trying it, worked great, thanks :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DrewG - glad to hear it! You're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.