Safari extension is not being installed for Safari Technology Preview and the "Open and fill"…

Lazare69
Lazare69
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

Desktop: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.1
Browser: Safari Technology Preview, Release 61 (Safari 12.0, WebKit 13606.1.25.1) from now on to be called "Safari TP"

…are not working either. So far Safari TP has been great and this is the only extension I am having problems with.
The extension will not install into Safari TP, which is frustrating.
The "Open and Fill" is not working with the 1Password app and 1Password mini.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Lazare69! I'm sorry for the trouble with Safari Technology Preview just now. Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate this issue myself. I'm using 10.13.6, and I see you said you're using 10.13.4. I doubt that would be the issue, but I don't have a ".4" OS setup handy to check currently. Are you willing/able to update your macOS to current, even knowing that I can't guarantee that would solve the issue?

Before you do that, you may want to visit https://1password.com/browsers/ in STP and try again -- it should redirect you to the Safari Extensions Gallery, and installation from there should be relatively simple. If it's not, can you tell me what happens when you click the "install" link? Does it simply not work, or does it download but not install? Something else? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

• Lazare69
    Lazare69
    Community Member

In using the link you gave, the only problem that I see ism that there is no Mac version there (or Safari or Safari TP)…

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Lazare69 - hi, sorry, yes that link was changed in the three weeks since I posted it. If you're getting to it just now, apologies for the confusion.

If you're using version 7.1.1, then another thing that's been released in the past couple of weeks since my last post above is version 7.2.1 of 1Password for Mac. Please check for updates within 1Password or download the latest version here and install it. Let me know how that goes for you.

This discussion has been closed.