Attachments not syncing when moving from iCloud to Dropbox

This discussion was created from comments split from: Attachments and external sync (Dropbox/iCloud).

Comments

• MasterRee
    MasterRee
    Community Member

Any progress on this issue? I move items between DropBox and iCloud vaults. The attachments no longer synchronize. This is a serious impediment to my workflow and was not an issue with 1Password 6.

Copying or moving items with attachments to separate standalone vaults are not supported, they'll be moved/copied without the attachment(s) included. {OPW-1992}

To be specific, I use an iOS device to move items in or out of an iCloud vault to a DropBox vault. The Dropbox vault then synchronizes the changes to a macOS device.

Mac is on macOS 10.13.6 (17G65) with 1Password 7.1.2 and iPhone is on iOS 11.4.1 (15G77) with 1Password 7.1.1.

Thanks.

• @MasterRee: The issue you reference was specific to 1Password 7 for Windows, so it won't impact you on Mac and iOS. I've gone ahead and split your comment into a new discussion in our Mac category so you can get some answers, though, and I'll let our Mac team know I've moved you over so they can hop in. :chuffed:

• MasterRee
    MasterRee
    Community Member

Whoops. Didn’t catch that. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MasterRee - no worries. :) Now that you know this wasn't the issue, can you please restate what your situation/problem is for us? The Dropbox/iCloud issue is a red herring; that's just how your vaults are synced. Each device on which you use 1Password has its own internal store of the data. When you move an item from one vault to the next, it's all done locally when you use standalone data/vaults. Are you able to do this move-with-attachments successfully on your Mac but not your iOS device? Vice-versa? Neither?

• MasterRee
    MasterRee
    Community Member

@Lars

The issue is that when I move items with attachments between vaults on one device, another device syncing the same vaults will is missing the attachment for that item (though it does correctly move the item between vaults).

When I move items between vaults from my iOS device, the item retains the attachment on the iOS device, but when viewing the same item in the same vaults on macOS, the attachment is missing. If I add the attachment to the item again on macOS, the item on iOS now shows duplicate attachments for that single item while macOS only shows a single attachment for that item.

When I move items between vaults from my macOS device, the item retains the attachment, but when viewing the same item in the same vaults on iOS, the attachment is missing. If I delete the attachment on macOS, switch my view between vaults on both macOS and iOS to trigger a sync, then add the attachment back to the item on macOS and repeat switching my selection between vaults, the item will have the attachment on iOS. If I move the item between vaults on macOS again, the attachment will be missing on iOS.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MasterRee - hmmm...I just tried that exact scenario here, and it seems to be working just fine. Which is not to say you aren't having a problem, just that it may be unique to your setup. I'd start here for Dropbox and here for iCloud, and you may also want to look at Dropbox's own troubleshooting page for missing files sync as well. Let us know what you discover.

If you're looking for a more-reliable method of sync that doesn't have these issues and that we can troubleshoot for you from end to end, I'd recommend a 1password.com membership.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MasterRee: Similarly, do you maybe just not have the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS? If you haven't purchased that upgrade on its own or as part of a 1Password.com membership, you will not be able to access attachments there.

This discussion has been closed.