Question about syncing with 1Password 7 and 1Password membership

donburr
donburr
Community Member

Hi, I just upgraded to 1Password 7 on my Mac, and purchased a 1Password membership. I just wanted to clarify something. Previously, when I was using 1Password 6, I was syncing my passwords using Dropbox. However it now seems as though 1Password itself is handling the syncing -- when I log in on 1password.com on my web browser, I can see all of my passwords that I used to have in my Dropbox vault. Is this correct? Does this mean that 1Password membership is now handling the job of syncing data, and that I can safely delete the 1Password vault that I have stored in Dropbox?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: ???

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @donburr! Yep! That's exactly what it means. One caution: you should make SURE you've got a complete and up-to-date copy of your data in your 1password.com account vaults. The way to check this most accurately is by signing into your account at 1password.com in a browser. If everything looks good to you there, then yes -- you can remove old sync keychains from your Dropbox folder, and you can also remove old vaults from within 1Password itself, if you have any.

• donburr
    donburr
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you very much! I checked my 1password.com account and everything is there. BTW v7 is a fantastic upgrade, especially since I can now use 1Password in both Windows, Linux and Android too (I run a multi-platform shop) Thanks to everyone on the 1Password team for an awesome job!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that Lars was able to help, and that you're enjoying 1Password — on all your devices. If you need anything else, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.