I have a license and just signed up for a membership. I now have two vaults.

chrisandscot
chrisandscot
Community Member

I've downloaded V 7.1.2 on my mac and see my primary vault is 'on iCloud' and it looks like a personal vault (a copy) is on the membership. I figured I would migrate off the iCloud authentication onto the membership login. My iPhone etc, is still currently unchanged (using iCloud). How do migrate everything to the 'membership' and delete the iCloud license vault (once I am sure the other is working fine)

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud and membership
Referrer: forum-search:help moving from license to membership

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chrisandscot - thanks for the question. :) On your Mac, if you've already got both the older Primary vault and also your 1password.com vault(s), you can use these instructions to move your data from Primary --> Personal. Once you're certain everything's been moved successfully, in your Mac's menubar, click Vault > Delete Primary Vault. This won't work if you still have other local vaults, but it will if you don't. Then, on your iOS device(s), assuming there's no data there that wasn't already moved over on the Mac, you can achieve the same result by tapping Settings > Advanced and then "Erase all 1Password Data" (in red near the bottom). This will do what it says, then quit 1Password. The next time you launch it, it will be as if you are a new user. Sign into your 1Password account, and you'll be all set with only your account vaults.

This discussion has been closed.