1Password Version: 7.1.2 (70102000)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS X 10.14 (Mojave)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Nulled - sorry for the trouble. A couple of ideas, yes: first, if you're using 1Password 7 for Mac, it may be because either Firefox or 1Password are not in your main Applications folder. If that's the case, you'll need to move them both into it, because for the first time ever, 1Password 7 is a fully sandboxed app, which means it won't work if both it and the browser you want it to work within are not in the Applications folder.

If that's NOT the case, and both are indeed in Applications already, then the next step I'd take would be to restart your Mac. After the restart, if the behavior is unchanged, try deleting and re-installing Firefox itself. Let me know how that goes for you.

• Nulled
    Nulled
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you for your quick response unfortunate, I'm still having the same issue after verifying that both firefox and 1password are install and after restarting my computer.

I'm going to check if there is a beta version for 1password and I will get back to you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Nulled - you can find beta versions of 1Password just by clicking Preferences > Updates and checking the box marked "include beta builds," then "check now." But I'm a little unclear as to why you're trying that; what I suggested was that you make sure both your browser and 1Password are installed in your main /Applications folder, and if that's already the case, then try deleting and re-installing Firefox itself. A beta version of 1Password isn't going to solve this problem for you.

• Nulled
    Nulled
    Community Member

@Lars I tried deleting and re-install firefox no change to the issue

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

Okay. Are both 1Password and Firefox installed in /Applications? That is the only folder they can be in if this is going to work. They cannot be in ~/Applications or anywhere else on the system. It should look like this:

If they are, and you’re still having trouble, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95619/firefox-extension-grayed-out#latest
    • Your forum username: Nulled

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.