New MBP, same 1PW (Standalone), how do I license

sknaffla
sknaffla
Community Member

Hi,

I am migrating to a new machine. I have my 1pw 6 key, and installed 1PW standalone v6.8.9.
When I try to license on my new laptop, it's looking for a file. I just have the text string.
I tried putting the text of the key in a file, but standalone doesn't let me select the key file.

All Mac OSX updates installed.

~Scott

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @sknaffla,

1Password 4-6 were licensed via a license file. Does the key you have start with 1PW3 or 1PWB? If so then that's likely to be a license key from 1Password 3 or 1Password 4 for Windows. There would be a separate link in the email you would have received at the time of purchase that would say "Click here to apply license". That link is what you'd need to get 1Password 6 to become licensed.

• sknaffla
    sknaffla
    Community Member

Yes, obviously been a 1PW user for a long time. I can't find an email with that string. Can you have someone look for my registration and resend please ?

Thanks Rudy for the speedy reply

• @sknaffla

Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com and then post the support ID that you get back here for assistance with that. We’re unable to look up or make changes to anyone’s licenses or accounts based on requests in this public forum. Sorry about that.

Ben

• sknaffla
    sknaffla
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, sent them a note. Where is the license file stored ? Can I just move it off the old machine before I wipe the disk ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sknaffla: It would be wise to wipe the device so you're not handing over your browsing history, etc. to who-knows-who. But if you search Keychain Access for "com.agilebits", you can delete any matching items there to remove any license/account. Cheers! :)

• sknaffla
    sknaffla
    Community Member

@brenty - looking in the keychain for com.agilebits only found 2 - safari entries for the plugin. I there just a file I can move off my old machine ?

• The best I can suggest is getting a fresh copy of your license file from our sales team. I see we have received your email and they’ll be in touch soon. Please avoid replying to that email thread further until you’ve heard from them as doing so bumps you to the end of the queue.

Ben

• sknaffla
    sknaffla
    Community Member

For future reference; here was the solution - I had purchased 1pw from the app store, and didn't realize I could still download v6 from the app store. I re-downloaded my app store licensed 1pw, and all is good again. Thanks for the support.

• Great! Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.