Does the 1Password 7 Trash get automatically emptied?

Options
donburr
donburr
Community Member

I am in the process of cleaning up my 1Password database. So far I've found a lot of (self-created by accident) duplicate entries, as well as entries for defunct sites and/or sites I no longer use/care about, and I've been right clicking and choosing 'move to trash' to get rid of them. However I am concerned, for example what would happen if I accidentally hit 'move to trash' on a password that I actually need?

Does the 1Password Trash automatically empty itself periodically (every X days, etc.) similar to how, for example, when you 'delete' a photo from the Mac's Photos app, it actually gets moved into a "Recently Deleted" category that automatically cleans itself out after 40 days? I looked through Settings in 1Password and didn't see any sort of "automatically empty the trash" feature.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @donburr,

It doesn't have any mechanism to automatically empty the trash. You'll want to manually do that via the 1Password 7 -> Empty Trash menu item.

• donburr
    donburr
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy Fantastic, thanks! So once I'm SURE I've eliminated only "junk" entries (dupes, defunct sites, etc.) then I can go in and empty the trash.

• :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.