El Capitan + 1Password 6.8.9 + DropBox = no sync?

mandolinda
mandolinda
Community Member
  • I have an older 1PW [lifetime] license -- it's from December 1, 2013;
  • My cell phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7;
  • At work I have an up-to-date iMac with all the bells and whistles;
  • At home I have an early 2009 Mac Book, running OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) which I don't use every day;
  • I share the license with one person (my elderly mother) who has an even more antiquated Mac Book than I; and
  • I have been syncing with DropBox since I bought my 1PW [lifetime] license.

Today, using my tired old MacBook, I tried to log into my bank account with 1PW, assuming the new password I entered a couple weeks ago from my work computer would just be there. It didn't work. When I tried to sync, I got the error: "Disabling Sync: 1Password will no longer sync with the folder." Last sync was 15 days ago (before I updated passwords while at work). I don't have any trouble with the phone or work computer. I'm afraid to try my Mom's computer.

I ran through the troubleshooting DropBox link I found in another posting and it didn't fix anything.

Is a "lifetime" just 5 years in the 1PW universe? Is my computer just too old? I really, really, really don't want to go to the subscription model of 1PW. That's why I paid extra for the lifetime license: so that I never would have to worry about it again.

Please help... I do have to use the MacBook from time-to-time...

:( :'(

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @mandolinda

I doubt your license has anything to do with this, but to clarify: licenses are lifetime in the sense that they never expire, not that they give you free upgrades for life. We’ve never had a free upgrades for life option. Licenses are only valid for the version of 1Password they were purchased for (e.x. 1Password v6 for Mac). There are lots of folks still using 1Password 6 and syncing via Dropbox. While our recommendation would be to always use both the latest version of 1Password as well as your operating system this should work.

I’d really recommend carefully running through each step of the Dropbox troubleshooting guide again. It contains all of the information we’ve gathered about troubleshooting issues with syncing via Dropbox over the years:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox | 1Password

As is mentioned in the guide it contains everything we know about troubleshooting Dropbox. If the steps there do not resolve the problem the best I can suggest is switching to a different sync option.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.