Iphone and Mac devices not syncing

daw13
daw13
Community Member

MacOS version: 6.8.8
iOS version 7.1.1
Sync to Dropbox

I've had 1Password since 2015 and I don't have a subscription. Both of my devices run the sync process against the same vault file without any errors that I can tell but my devices are not in sync. Is there anyway to debug this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.8, 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6, iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daw13: What is the exact path of the vault on each device? It really sounds like they're syncing, but with different vaults. This guide will walk you through checking the configuration on your devices:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Let me know what you find!

• daw13
    daw13
    Community Member

@brenty The paths were the same but argh, the Dropbox app wasn't running on my Mac automatically. Thanks for your help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@daw13 - glad to hear you figured it out. For what it's worth, problems exactly like the one you just experienced are among the major reasons we created 1password.com memberships in the first place: because when you're using an advanced, 3rd party sync method like WLAN or even iCloud or Dropbox, there are too many factors involved that might be causing or at least contributing to the problem, and many of them our outside of our control. With a 1password.com membership, you sign into your account on each device you want to use 1Password on, and that's it. No more messing around with sync paths, having to make sure your copy of the sync app is updated, turned on, etc. To borrow a phrase from Steve Jobs, it "just works." Something to consider.

This discussion has been closed.