One of the identities on my primary vault that is on iCloud does not show up on my iMac version.

tmetaksa
tmetaksa
Community Member

When I look at the listings in the sidebar there are two (2) identities, but when I click on Identities only one shows up. If I search by the first name, the identity does not show up as well. I can see the identity on my iPhone.

1Password Version: iPassword 7.1.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot bring up an identity on 1Password on my iMac. It comes up on my iPhone

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tmetaksa - I'm not sure what you mean. Are you looking at the mini, or the main 1Password 7 for Mac app? And when you click Identities, where are you clicking? Which one of the items in the sidebar?

• tmetaksa
    tmetaksa
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. When I am on the 1Password7 for Mac app, in the sidebar it lists "Identities 2". When I click on Identities in the sidebar only one Identity shows up in the middle bar with all the info on that identity in the far right bar. There is no way to find the 2nd identity. When I see it on my iPhone the two identities show up. Does this help?

• tmetaksa
    tmetaksa
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. When I am on the 1Password7 for Mac app, in the sidebar it lists "Identities 2". When I click on Identities in the sidebar only one Identity shows up in the middle bar with all the info on that identity in the far right bar. There is no way to find the 2nd identity. When I see it on my iPhone the two identities show up. Does this help?

• tmetaksa
    tmetaksa
    Community Member

Now after a short while I checked out Watchtower and then went back to Identities the second identity showed up on my iMac. This is strange. Also, I do not seem to have a Secret Key or an Emergency Kit. I am very perplexed by the whole thing. I am very worried that I will now lose all my information that I keep on 1Password -- which would be a catastrophe.

• @tmetaksa,

are you looking at the main window or the mini window in 1Password 7? is it possible that you set the other identity to not display in browsers?

• tmetaksa
    tmetaksa
    Community Member

I was looking at the main window and I do not remember setting anything to not display. It wasn't in the browser at all. Can you answer my question regarding a Secret Key or Emergency Kit?

• @tmetaksa,

If you're syncing with iCloud its pretty likely that you don't have a Secret Key or an Emergency Kit. Both of those are part of a new service we started offering near the end of 2015 called 1Password.com. Its a sync service as well as licensing for all the native applications. The Secret Key is an additional mechanism for protecting your data, the Emergency Key is generally where that Secret Key will appear in both QR Code form as well as written out.

This discussion has been closed.