Set up first account w/v.7 but can't import my old vault. Help?

jsbryson
jsbryson
Community Member

I've used 1PW for years and loved it. I have a big vault. Now I set up an account with v7, and I can't find my vault. I've tried importing, but none of the backups show up, even though I can see them as zip files (named 1Password 2018-09-17 10_04_18 (1 profiles, 533 items, 0 folders, 0 attachments).1p4_zip) in my finder. Help please? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Set up first account w/v.7 but can't import my old vault. Help?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jsbryson! I'm sorry for the trouble just now. Can I ask what version you upgraded from, and what specific steps you took? Did you download 1Password from the Mac App Store, or directly from our downloads page? What happened the first time you ran 1Password 7 after installing it? If you remember, what screens did you see during the first-run process, and what options did you choose? And what happens right now when you try launching 1Password 7 for Mac by double-clicking in your Applications folder -- what do you see?

• jsbryson
    jsbryson
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. I had the latest version, as far as I know. Not sure what options I received, but I never saw an option to load my vault. Now when I open it I go to the 3-column screen w the sidebar that shows my new vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jsbryson - glad to hear things seem to be straightened out, but let us know if you have any further issues or questions. Cheers! :)

• jsbryson
    jsbryson
    Community Member

No, I don't see my actual vault. Just the new ones. I still need to get my main one and don't know how.

• jsbryson
    jsbryson
    Community Member

Can you tell me how I can import that info? In case it's helpful, I do have a backup on my iPhone 1PW.

• jsbryson
    jsbryson
    Community Member

I've now tried deleting the new app and reinstalling. No luck. I was never asked to input my vault info. I think now I'll delete the new account and try that process again. Would that be a good idea, do you think?

• jsbryson
    jsbryson
    Community Member

OK, as soon as I deleted the new account, my vault reappeared when I opened the app. So that's good.

But the app now seems to be forcing me to sign up for the monthly membership again. I'll try that now and hope it finds the vault this time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jsbryson - I was away last evening, and you seem to have carried on without me, so can you give me an update? What's the state of things currently?

• jsbryson
    jsbryson
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. Canceling the new account and adding a new one seemed to do the trick. Thanks again.
    Scott

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jsbryson - glad to hear things are back up and running for you, but would you mind humoring me and clicking Preferences > Vaults and telling me what you see there? How many vaults, and what are their names? Thanks in advance. :)

This discussion has been closed.