Face ID icon disappeared from login page. Turned it off and on in settings but still doesn't show.

Options
ptigel
ptigel
Community Member

Somehow the Face ID icon on login page disappeared. Tried turning it off and on in Settings but still won't show. Can't recall Master password. Rebooted iPhone X but no change.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Face ID icon disappeared from login page. Turned it off and on in setting but still no show.

Comments

• Hi @ptigel

Touch ID and Face ID are great convenience features but if they fail or time out for whatever reason the only way to decrypt your 1Password data is with the correct Master Password. On the upside there is no limit to the number of guesses you can make, so if you have some ideas in mind it isn’t going to hurt to try and guess the password.

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• ptigel
    ptigel
    Community Member
    Options

I think I may've accidentally touched "Use Master Password" on screen. I have used Face ID so much that I'm not even sure I noticed this on the screen . If that's what happened then I think they should have a notice like "Are you sure you want to use Master Password?" or something letting you know that Face ID will disappear if you do so.
    Ironically, I have the 1Password password inside 1Password. Don't ask.
    Thanks for letting me know I have unlimited guesses, but I used a very different password for this app, so I doubt i could guess it.
    But thanks for the response, Ben.

• You're welcome. If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.