Customer support [we try to respond to messages oldest first]

This discussion was created from comments split from: 5 Days with no response from support!.

Comments

• robografix
    robografix
    Community Member

Three days (I think) for me but, honestly, that's nowhere near to good enough for support. It equates to three days without 1Password. My ticket ID is [#YJR-93743-956], Other than the irritating bot the only communication I've had since my request is confirmation that they've taken my membership payment. In view of the non-support I think I'm going to cancel and get my money back. And no, 1Password, having requests for support dealt with by users on a forum is not what I paid my money for. Deeply disappointed.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Note that I did NOT say that requests are dealt with by users. All requests on the forum are read and responded to by AgileBits staff members.

But often users can and do answer faster than the staff members because staff answer chronologically whereas users answer the points they feel interested and capable enough to reply to.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robografix: I'm sorry to hear that. You've emailed us every day for the last three days, and each time you do that you're putting yourself back at the "newest" end of the inbox. We absolutely reply to everyone ourselves (you'll notice that even when another user response here in the forums, we follow up as well), but as mentioned already, we work from the oldest to newest. I'll get back to you via email shortly to help sort you out, whatever you decide.

ref: YJR-93743-956

• robografix
    robografix
    Community Member

I've emaled every day because I'm not getting any response. How else do I decide if there's actually life within the support team? I say again, a user forum is not my idea of customer support. I expect a response to my email within 24 hours at the absolute maximum. If you can't provide that I'll look elsewhere for a password manager.

I have received your email and have responded.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Once again, I inform you that as regards the forum, it is NOT just a user forum, it is a user and STAFF forum.

An AgileBits staff member will reply to every post, but experienced users can often reply faster than AgileBits staff.

I find user forums helpful, but I agree with you that if the forum were ONLY a user forum it would not be satisfactory support. As all forum posts are answered by staff, it is satisfactory.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robografix: While certainly I understand if you prefer email, I think that this support forum makes it fairly easy to see at a glance here that there is "life within the support team". You've also received four replies from me personally within the last four hours or so. We're here responding in the forum and via email around the clock, but multiple messages in multiple places do slow down the support process for everyone. In that spirit, let's continue the conversation via email to avoid further confusion and duplication of effort. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.