Upgrade v6 to v7 problem. Can not log in

grqx
grqx
Community Member

Downloaded v7 today and can not login. v6 was deleted from computer. Can not log in, do not have a Secret code. I'm dead in the water.

1Password Version: v7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @grqx! I'm sorry for the trouble. When you say "version 6 was deleted from computer," what do you mean? Did you delete it? I ask because 1Password 7 will not delete previous versions. It does zip up the previous version and leave it in your Applications folder, but in any event the data are not deleted.

I see you wrote this same thing to our email support staff back in early June, and my colleague Rob replied to you asking if you still needed help, but you never responded. Can you clarify what's gone on recently? Did you re-download 1Password 7 for Mac and try again? Has this been sitting since June? Something else? Thanks in advance for the clarification. :)

• grqx
    grqx
    Community Member

Tried to install v7 again today, same problem as I had in June. I was able to reinstall v6 and that is working correctly. I would like to still upgrade to v7. I have a stand-alone license, but no account.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@grqx - thanks for the clarification. Is 1Password 7 for Mac installed right now? If so, what do you see when you launch it by double-clicking from the Applications folder?

• grqx
    grqx
    Community Member

Login screen with user, email, Secret code, master code. I do not have a secret code.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@grqx - can you post a screenshot? 1Password 7 for Mac shouldn't show you any of that on first-run. Make sure to redact any personal information.

This discussion has been closed.