License problem 1P7

Andrea24
Andrea24
Community Member

Hi i have a problem whit my license account on my iMac.
On date 25 November 2016 I have by 1P6 for my iMac from the App Store. One week ago I have buy my new MacBook Pro 2018 and I have install from the store 1P7 and all works fine. I have try to upgrade my 1P6 on my old iMac (the High Sierra version is the last on both my mac) but unfortunately when I run new 1P7 on my iMac my unique method for login is from 1P account but I haven’t made it before.
I use on my both version of 1P iCloud for storage my password. On my iCloud account all is fine I have downloaded again the app from your website an now I can only read the password because I haven’t license file. But on my 1P6 I have a problem with the license because isn’t my. The name and email is my but the date is 11 Oct 2013 and isn’t writed the cod of license.What I have to do for fix my problem? Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Andrea24! 1Password 7 for Mac requires the purchase of a new license, since it's a new version. With version 7, we made the decision to have the Mac App Store version of 1Password be subscription-only. That means if you want to sync via iCloud or another advanced, 3rd party method, you'll need to use the version of 1Password 7 for Mac from our downloads page. When you run it, your data will be in read-only mode, but you can click the Read Only badge on any of your items, and you'll be taken to the Purchase Options screen, where you can choose to purchase a new license for the launch-special price of $49.99:

However, if you're interested, a 1password.com membership is the best way to use 1Password currently, so that's another option for you. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.