When I click on 'Website' in 1Password to 'Open and Fill in', Safari Preferences opens.. WHY?

erikcoolen
erikcoolen
Community Member

Like I said in the title, when I click on 'Website' in the 1Password app for Mac to 'Open and Fill in', why do I get to see Safari preferences? For years, I was able to start up the app, search for a login, click on the 'Open and Fill in' (website) link and I would be transferred to the correct website and with a bit of luck, 1Password would also fill in login name and Password for me. Why do I get to see Safari preferences all of a sudden? Is it because I don't want to be forced to use the Safari extension (I think the 1Password uses too much memory)? And when I do activate the 1Password helper, the link to the desired website still does not work. PS. I wanted to upload a screenshot but I can't by the looks of things.

1Password Version: 7.2 beta 2
Extension Version: 7.2 beta 2
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @erikcoolen,

1Password 7.2 replaces the legacy extension that had to be installed separately with an integrated extension that has to be manually enabled in order for it to work.

If the 1Password extension isn't enabled, this presentation of the Preferences window is a means to prompt you to enable it.

Once enabled it should allow your requests to work again.

• erikcoolen
    erikcoolen
    Community Member

Thanks, Rudy. I've researched the memory requirements of the Helper app a bit more and it's actually not too bad. So I've enabled the extension in Safari, per your advice. See how we go. :)

• Thanks for the update @erikcoolen. If you do have difficulty with it please let us know. The memory usage in 1Password shouldn't have any significant impact on any system modern enough to run Mojave smoothly.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.