Android app crashing when accessing a particular entry

rationull
rationull
Community Member

I have resolved this issue but I'm posting here to communicate the bug to the team (and in case any other users find it helpful). This morning I went to open a particular item in my vault, which is a "Password" item that does not have a password filled in (instead it's got a couple of custom labeled fields). I reproduced the crash several times by opening and unlocking the app, searching or navigating to this item, and opening it. The app crashes before the item shows up in the UI.

I went into the desktop app and added some content to the "password" field, and that stopped the crash. Even if I go back into the item (in the desktop app) and delete the content of the "password" field, the problem does not recur.

As a test, I created (in the Mac desktop app) a new item of "Password" type and left the password field empty while adding custom fields. I CAN reproduce the crash with this new item.

I can guess it's a straightforward bug in the Android app :)

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.1
Sync Type: account

Comments

• Hi @rationull. Thanks for reaching out with info about this issue. I've tested this out on my end, but have not been able to reproduce the problem. Here's what I did:
    1. Create new Password item.
    2. Leave 'password' field blank.
    3. Create custom fields for different values (I used email and address).
    4. Leave 1Password.
    5. Relaunch.
    6. Search for the test item.
    7. Open it.

Following these steps I'm able to view the item just fine. Were both of these items created on the Mac? Also, are you using a 1Password membership or the standalone version?

• rationull
    rationull
    Community Member

Hi @peri.

Yep, both of these items would've been created in 1Password for Mac, with a 1Password membership. I just reproduced it again, creating the item in 1Password for Mac 7.1.2

1. New "Password" item
    2. Give it a name
    3. Tab through the password field, leaving it blank
    4. Add a single custom field label and value
    5. Save
    6. Open 1Password for Android
    7. Search for the item and open it
    8. Crash
  • jose_porta
    jose_porta
    1Password Alumni

@rationull I was able to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided. We should be able to get this fixed for the next update. Thanks for reporting this!

This discussion has been closed.