How do I contact a team member for help?

cyris68_caris66
cyris68_caris66
Community Member

Old lady who doesn't understand much of this, can't find answers that work. Tried some to no avail. Have 1Password7 for Mac, High Sierra 10.13.4. iPassword stopped working. if I do Command\ it doesn't fill in. If I go to logins to have it open site it does so but will not fill in. I don't know how to fix it. Saw 1 answer that said to get rid of it and reinstall but don't know how/don't want to pay for it. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I contact a team member?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @cyris68_caris66! I'm sorry for the trouble. The best way to get direct, individualized help for specific problems like this is to contact our email support team at support@1password.com. That's where we can explain your options to you and help get you set up most effectively. Though I will say this bit puzzled me some:

...don't know how/don't want to pay for it.

1Password 7 for Mac is a new purchase for all users unless you happened to purchase the previous version on or after March 27 of this year. That's not a lot of people, but if it's you, then your license for 1Password 6 for Mac will work for 1Password 7 for Mac. If not, however, then 1Password 7 for Mac isn't going to work well for you because when unlicensed (or subscribed), you cannot add, edit or delete any of your data.

• cyris68_caris66
    cyris68_caris66
    Community Member

Thank you. Shortly after I whined about it I got a notice to update it, which I did. It works clumsily but gets there. Sometimes it would be faster for me to look up the password myself. It sometimes wants to open a site in Firefox, and it would require installing it there. If I close Firefox out a few times it gives up and allows me to open the page and login on Safari via 1password.

That said, I honestly don't remember if I paid for 1Password 7 or not. I may have purchased 1Password 6 after March. I did edit some data today, changing a password. That was odd as well; I don't remember changing the password on the site, but 1 Password wasn't entering the one I have. But then, at my age I don't remember a lot.

Thank you for your help.

• cyris68_caris66
    cyris68_caris66
    Community Member

Shortly after I above, I tried another site, opening it and then asking 1Password to fill in id and password. No go. Just wouldn't do it either way.... by going to logins and asking it to open and fill, or by opening the site myself and asking it to fill. I guess it's just moody.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cyris68_caris66

I guess it's just moody.

I know what you mean, sometimes it seems like inanimate objects get personality quirks. But 1Password doesn't really "get moody." if it's not performing as it should, we're here to help you figure out why. So if you continue to have issues with it, please don't hesitate to write in to our email support team with a detailed description and a link to this thread. :)

• cyris68_caris66
    cyris68_caris66
    Community Member

Thank you. If it continues I'll contact them.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.