Password not convertible to login.

PaulHammant
PaulHammant
Community Member

I expected a "convert to login" button, but there is none. I'd like to set a user-id, but cannot. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: none

Comments

• @PaulHammant,

You're currently in Edit mode. Either hit save or cancel and the "Convert to Login" button should appear in the bottom bar.

• MacPhyle
    MacPhyle
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

I'm having this issue too, and as shown in the screenshot at this link:

[removed by 1Password staff; this is a public forum]

I'm not in edit mode, but there's still no Convert to Login button that I can see. Help please! Thanks in advance. :)

An unrelated note about why I included a link rather than attached the screenshot: I tried attaching it using this form in both Firefox and in Chrome, but in both of those browsers, clicking the image icon to attach something doesn't bring up any interface for attaching anything. So there's another issue... :/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MacPhyle: I've removed your screenshot. Though it was helpful, be careful what you post here, as anyone can see it.

As far as attaching images, it definitely works across all modern browsers, as I use it daily. But if you have content filters those may break or block the Javascript that makes that feature possible.

Getting back to the issue, you appear to be using the 1Password website, not the 1Password app. You will need to use the app to have "Convert to Login" and many other features:

https://1password.com/downloads/

You'll have the option there when viewing a Password item. Cheers! :)

• MacPhyle
    MacPhyle
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Thanks for letting me know! I thought the greeked password (where it was just dots rather than a password) made it a safe screenshot. >_<

And oh I thought the app was being done away with in favor of the web version. Downloading now - thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

The apps are very much still alive @MacPhyle :) You can certainly still use those if you prefer. And on behalf of brenty, you are welcome.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

@MacPhyle: Sorry. I didn't look closely, but I thought I saw email addresses and potentially some other things, so I didn't want to take the chance -- or stare at it myself! I knew what I was looking at in general, so that was enough.

Anyway, we love using the 1Password apps ourselves, and since you get all of them as part of your membership, we're happy for you to use them too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.