Sync problem between mac, android and dropbox

Brigsy
Brigsy
Community Member

Hello, I have noticed that my 1password on my phone is not syncing in the same place as my mac. I have bought 1password 6 some time ago and think the mac was syncing to a legancyagilekeychain folder. My android phone version 7.0.5 via the app was syncing to an opvault, which I understand is a newer vault.

I can't get the mac to even 'see' the opvault on dropbox despite moving the legacy vault to my desktop and deleting it on dropbox. When I try and get the app to look for the opvault in dropbox it only shows 1password.agilekeychain, which I can't even see if I look directly in dropbox.

Any ideas? sorry if this doesn't make sense.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Brigsy ,

When you go to the Finder and in your Dropbox folder, can you see the opvault file there?

If so, go back into 1Password for Mac, in the Sync preferences, and set Sync to None. Do NOT click the "Erase data" checkbox when asked to turn off sync. Then, set it back to Dropbox, and navigate to the folder that contains the opvault file. You should see it then and be able to sync again.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Brigsy
    Brigsy
    Community Member

Hi there, had trouble for finding my password! Can’t see the opvault unfortunately on the Mac. No idea why. I’m away from the Mac until Friday now unfortunately. Although I have also noticed my iPad is syncing differently to my android phone.

• Hi @Brigsy ,

If you can't see the opvault file in the Dropbox folder in the file, then that likely means Dropbox itself isn't syncing to your Mac. You may want to restart your Dropbox client and see if that helps.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Brigsy
    Brigsy
    Community Member

Hmm. I’ll have a go at that. From what I remember, if I look in Dropbox via a browser the file is there, but when I look from selecting sync in 1Password it doesn’t show.

• @brigsy,

That does sound like the Dropbox application on your Mac isn't running or isn't set to sync the folder that contains your OPVault. Let us know if Kevin's suggestion works.

• Brigsy
    Brigsy
    Community Member

Will do ta

• :+1:

Ben

• Brigsy
    Brigsy
    Community Member

So I deleted the dropbox app and reinstalled it and that seems to have sorted it. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Brigsy - glad to hear that's got you squared away, but let us know if you run into any further difficulties -- and have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.