Can anyone recommend a good tutorial?

rach_brench
rach_brench
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Mac

Can anyone share a good link for a comprehensive tutorial for this application. I've been using it for years, but I really don't know what I'm doing and I keep running into stupid issues because I lack knowledge.

Also, how do I make sure that what I store and enter on my desktop application is synced to my membership account online? I got a new computer. I went to my online account, downloaded the current application and logged in, not all my data was there! Half or more was missing. I went to my old computer, created a backup, air-dropped that backup to my new computer and restored from that backup. When I log in online, still the data is missing from my online account? What am I doing wrong?! I want everything to populate across all my devices and my online account. I'm so confused. Bah!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:data from 1 password on my computer is not showing up when I login online

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rach_brench - I'm sorry for the confusion! 1Password isn't the absolute easiest app to pick up, but it's far from the hardest, either. I would say if you have a few moments, you can check out the Getting Started section of our own support pages (I gave you the link to the Mac version because you're writing in the Mac forum, but there are other versions available there as well.

I can't really endorse any outside options for tutorials of 1Password, but we're also here to help answer any specific questions you might be having. From your description of things, it sounds as if you may have had both at least one standalone local vault on your old Mac, as well as your 1password.com account. Could that be possible? To get a better idea of what's where on your devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#AUG-41183-198]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @rach_brench only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: AUG-41183-198

This discussion has been closed.