Duplicate info in items - has been a problem since 1Password started offering notes

eyeless
eyeless
Community Member

I guess that I see info duplicated like 5 times in a note is because I sync my vaults via Dropbox (as we always have done so), but maybe it is so for all syncing setups, not sure. Is there a way to avoid these duplicates or is it unavoidable by the design of the sync mechanisms available? It is a bit tedious to clean these notes up and double-check one is not erasing anything important. The duplicate info is always separated by a line like: ===== . Very tedious it is ... .

1Password Version: all
Extension Version: all
OS Version: all
Sync Type: all or only Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate info

Comments

• This sort of duplication/conflict should only occur if one or more of your devices has changes while offline, or before the next dropbox sync completes.

You should not have this sort of conflict if each device is able to sync completely before changes are made to a note. This should only take seconds on a standard internet connection.

Have you tried a 1Password.com subscription? Those accounts use a method of sync that is much faster than Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.