My login was changed!!!

solitaryman1
solitaryman1
Community Member

I just logged onto my stock trading account. 1Password did as it was supposed to do...put in the username & password. To my horror instead if my of username account number there was an X, that's it, the letter X. Worse though was my password. What should have been a 32 word alphanumeric with mixed upper & lowercase was the name Earl1. I literally jumped out of my chair!!!
I was able to recover my password on 1Password and my account, thank God, was not touched.
So here's some facts. I live alone and no one has physical access to my computer let alone my 5 word passphrase. Both my iPhone X (1Password opens with facial recognition) is ALWAYS with me and my iPad Air 2 is with me, in my suitcase, when I leave with it.
So my obvious question is how could this have happened? There's no way this could have been an accident!!
Anyone have this happen to them?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 12.0
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi solitaryman1,

If you look at the item for your stock trading account in 1Password, do you see your correct username and password there? Could it be that 1Password filled the wrong fields into the web page?

I can't think of any scenario where the username and password of an item would be changed without a user prompt (e.g. Update Item).

• solitaryman1
    solitaryman1
    Community Member

Hello & thank you for responding.
    Yes I did. I immediately opened that account in my vault and and saw the X in Username and I revealed the password. I knew before that it was wrong because there were 5 dots instead of my long maximum password, in this case, 32 dots. I hadn't been on the site for about two months.
    The login page has only the two fields that every login page.
    I've been using your app for years and because of 1Password I have the luxury of using the max amount of alphanumeric/symbols.
    I'm chalking this up to a hiccup. It will not affect me in recommending iPassword.
    But I will check this particular account every couple of days for a while, just for my piece of mind.

• Yeah, that is very strange. Does your old password appear in the Previously Used Passwords section? To see these old passwords, click View Password History near the bottom of the item details.

This discussion has been closed.