export data from 1password6 to 1password7

gazzer147
gazzer147
Community Member

trying to export from 6 to 7, tried txt and csv but they are greyed out when i go to import. the 1pif format data is also greyed out when trying to import? any suggestions

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• asimpleusername
    asimpleusername
    Community Member

Same here.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@gazzer147 @asimpleusername

Be sure to select a single vault, not All Vaults. Then Export will be available.

• asimpleusername
    asimpleusername
    Community Member

I did that. It’s still greed out.

• gazzer147
    gazzer147
    Community Member

I only have one vault

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2018

Agilebits will ask you which version of 1Password you are running. I'm not seeing your result with 7.2.

FYI: If I recall correctly, you will still have the All Vaults selector at the top right of the 1Password app's interface. Regardless, the Import item should still be lit, and the import process will ask you for the target vault.

@gazzer147 @asimpleusername

• asimpleusername
    asimpleusername
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Mine is still greyed out no matter what I do.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gazzer147 and @asimpleusername - sorry for the trouble. I'm a little unclear why you're trying to export from 1Password 6 for Mac in unencrypted CSV or 1pif format? If you install 1Password 7 for Mac, first-run will look for data in either the Mac App Store location or our location in your library and import it automatically. Even if that fails, you don't need to go through with the hassle and potential exposure of exporting in unencrypted format. Just launch 1Password 7 for Mac and use File > Import to open the import window:

Choose the second option ("1Password 6"), and navigate to your actual data file in your Library folder, which will be located in one of two potential folders, depending on whether your copy of 1Password 6 for Mac was from the Mac App Store or directly from us:

• (from Mac App Store) - ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • (from us directly) - ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

If you can't do this because the Import option is still grayed out in the file menu, that'll be because you haven't paid for 1Password 7 for Mac yet. You can click the "Read Only" button on any of your items (if there are any), or the 1Password 7 menu item, then "Purchase 1Password," and finally "Buy Now" in the pop-up window. Your other option would be to create a 1password.com membership. That's the easiest and most robust way to use 1Password for the vast majority of customers, currently. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.