To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cancelled subscription during trial. What about the app?

Options
asimpleusername
asimpleusername
Community Member
edited September 2018 in Memberships

I just cancelled my trial subscription after less than 24 hours due to problems not resolved. I cancelled my subscription. Last night as part of the subscription I updated the app on my iMac from version 6 to version 7. Do simply uninstall version 7? I don't want to be billed for it since version 6 works perfectly for me. Also....very important....should I permanently delete my Family account? Considering I'll never be using it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018
    Options

@asimpleusername

I’m sorry to hear membership didn’t work out. Would you mind sharing what the difficulty was? Is there anything we can help with?

You may want to consider upgrading to 1Password v7 regardless, especially if you’re a Safari user. At some point it seems likely that Apple will be turning off the Safari Extension Gallery (they’re already calling it ‘depreciated’), which is the version of the 1Password extension 1Password 6 relies on. 1Password 7 will be the only way forward at that point.

Instructions here that may help:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/454084/#Comment_454084

Ben

• asimpleusername
    asimpleusername
    Community Member
    Options

Too long to go into. I posted the info in another forum. I spent over 4 hours working on it and at this point I don't want to get into it. I don't care about browser extensions. I am asking if I need to uninstall version 7 of the app on my Mac and "Also....very important....should I permanently delete my Family account? Considering I'll never be using it?"

• Okay. These instructions should help answer both of your questions then:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/454084/#Comment_454084

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Ben

• asimpleusername
    asimpleusername
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

OK. I deleted my subscription. That was easy. On my Mac I have 1password version 6 which has all my passwords and notes just as it always did. I also have version 7 of the app but it contains nothing. It never imported anything. Can't I just uninstall version 7?

UPDATE. Is version 7 free? I have version 6 of the app already. I'm confused about this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asimpleusername: I'm sorry for the confusion there. 1Password 7 is included in a 1Password.com membership, or a license can be purchased separately. You can find pricing in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

If you want to use 1Password 6 instead, just drag 1Password 7 to the Trash, restart your computer, and run 1Password 6. If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.