When I try to update to 7.2 from 7.2Beta9, the update fails repeatedly with "validation failed."

David Z
David Z
Community Member

the title says it all.

1Password Version: 7.2Beta9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14
Sync Type: 1PW cloud
Referrer: forum-search:7.2Beta9 -> 7.2 upgrade fails

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @David Z

Could you open the Console app, in the search field type: "1Password Updater" (no quotes)

Then try to update again and send back the logs you see there when it fails.

• David Z
    David Z
    Community Member

I've got the log. How would you like to receive it? email, or do you have a file upload area?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

@David Z

You could email it support+roo@agilebits.com or if it's small enough you could copy and paste the contents here.

• gkidd
    gkidd
    Community Member

I am seeing the same error going from 7.1.2 to 7.2.

Happy to provide logs as well. Where to send?

• David Z
    David Z
    Community Member

it's winging its way to you now.

• gkidd
    gkidd
    Community Member

It seems that it started working for me, I was able to download and update on the last attempt.

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Also updated to macOS 10.14 and got the same "validation failed" even after doing your suggested Console search for 1Password Updater.

Using 1PW7 7.1.2 Membership, and I'd also logged into 1PW7.com successfully.

Here are some screenshots:

Further thoughts?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

All, I think we have this figured out. Try checking again in about 10 minutes. I'll update here when we have things updated on our CDN, but it looks like the CDN is probably sending out older copies of files. So we're purging the cache and letting it repopulate. This shouldn't take long but it'll be ready soon.

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Updater now completed successfully. :)

Just noticed, after newly opening 7.2, that 1PW7 is showing this warning:

I think I understand the reason (meaning my Master PW is used at 1PW7.com and also for my installed app 7.2), but is there a way to dispatch that warning or hide it?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@pbGuy

There's no way to remove that one. It's designed to inform you of passwords that are reused, and it's doing exactly that. You should only see this if multiple items in 1Password are using the same password.

• David Z
    David Z
    Community Member

the latest attempt to update worked. thanks.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @David Z great to hear!

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@AGKyle

Ok, I follow your reply about reused passwords; however, I'm only using my 1PW MasterPW with 1PW.com and obviously, my 1PW app (7.2).

So, is that warning recognizing just those 2 items, or is the warning telling me I'm using at a 2d web login (which I'm not)?

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@pbGuy It's possible you have multiple vaults, one or more of which are not in All Vaults. Watchtower searches ALL of the vaults.

I suggest enabling all the items in All Vaults (Preferences > Vaults, check all the vaults in the list there). Then look at Reused passwords under Watchtower. It'll list, by first several characters, each reused password, which you'll then be able to see each place it's used. But you have at least two items in 1Password that have the same thing in the password field.

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

@AGKyle,

I forgot about using Watchtower. ...I've now changed my methodology about how I refer, in various places, to my 1PW MasterPW. I've now eliminated the warning.

Thanks.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Good to hear @pbGuy

If we can assist in any way in the future let us know.

This discussion has been closed.