iOS 12 Autofill wishlist and possible bug?

kalbert312
kalbert312
Community Member

I love this feature... combined with face id it's awesome, but I've hit a couple snags:

1. Sometimes when I'm on a site or in an app, the entry is not matched correctly, and the autofill prompt that comes up does not let me do a custom quick search on entries. In this case, I have to exit the auto fill dialog, app switch to 1PW, and copy the details manually. Question: how does autofill match to 1PW entries in iOS? For websites I'm guessing just URL, but what about apps? Seems like this could be trickier.

2. I've noticed in app autofills, sometimes the text fields don't get updated after an autofill. If I change focus or autofill a second time, sometimes the username/password will show up in the field.

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: 1PW Subscription

Comments

• @kalbert312,

In all cases we get the contextual information from Apple. Apple makes use of Universal Links implementations in apps to provide that context, if the App doesn't implement Universal Links you'll see a screen with no matches, the same will be true of the QuickType bar.

The Text fields not updating is an Apple bug, the 1Password extension provides the necessary information to fill but has no part in actually filing the information into fields.

• kalbert312
    kalbert312
    Community Member

I see, sounds sanboxed but for good reason. Thank you for the quick response.

This discussion has been closed.