ability to right-click

alistairmck
alistairmck
Community Member

hi, I've just after upgrading my macOS to 1014 and upgrading 1password to the latest Mojave version, in previous 1password versions, I right-clicked on a username/password field to get to the 1password extension but with latest version I can't do this anymore. is this correct?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: 7.2
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• szwecja
    szwecja
    Community Member

Hi. The same thing is happening to me. The Safari extension is not visible by right-clicking in the login fields in the browser. This would be really bad if the right-click is not working any more

• andruchs
    andruchs
    Community Member

Same problem here.

Seems like this feature is not available anymore: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88594/right-mouse-click-function-not-working-mac

I wonder why, because I guess everybody is using 1Password with the right click. Aren't you??? Thats the fastest way (besides of Shortcuts, that don't work properly for everything at least US-Keyboard-Layouts) to open the menu and get the least way of mouse movement. I hope they reconsider this, as this might be a reason to change to another system for me at least.

• szwecja
    szwecja
    Community Member

Bring back right-click menu!! Everybody was using it!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@alistairmck and Welcome to the forum, @szwecja and @andruchs! Yes, the right-click menu options has been deprecated in 1Password 7 for Mac/Mojave. There are numerous other ways to invoke 1Password mini; keyboard shortcuts (Cmd+\ and Cmd+Opt+), clicking the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar, clicking the 1Password extension icon in the browser. :)

• andruchs
    andruchs
    Community Member

< :'( >< :'(

@Lars
    I also noticed, that the automatic submit does not work anymore. Is that also deprecated?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

So, @andruchs -- I have good news, and bad news. Auto-submit is gone and it's not coming back. See this thread for a fuller explanation.

However, for the right-click/contextual menu issue...I have a surprise for y'all. :)

• szwecja
    szwecja
    Community Member

Lars, that's great news. Thanks for listening to your community :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@szwecja - can't say that it was my own idea, but I'm happy to be the bearer of good tidings. :)

• andruchs
    andruchs
    Community Member

Thank you for that present! :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@andruchs - you're quite welcome! Glad you like it. :)

This discussion has been closed.