Does the 1Pv6 work on macOS Mojave?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I want to install macOS Mojave on my mac but I don't know if 1Pv6 works on this version of macOS. Please could anyone tell me if this version is working perfectly on macOS Mojave?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi floc,

Yes, 1Password 6 continues to work on Mojave, but Safari 12 will only allow the 1Password v6 extension when installed through the extension gallery (https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C).

With 1Password 7, the Safari extension is a modern Safari App Extension, and comes bundled inside 1Password 7. The install process is much simpler.

1Password 7.2 is our release with fixes and improvements (e.g. Dark Mode) for Mojave. It's available today from our website https://1password.com/downloads/, and from the Mac App Store soon.

• MeinerEiner
    MeinerEiner
    Community Member

1P6 doesn't work on Majave, it crashes directly when I start it.

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member

Will !password 6.8.9 work with MACOS Mojave ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:updating to Mojave on my mac will 1 Password work

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member

Will !password 6.8.9 work with MACOS Mojave ?

• MeinerEiner
    MeinerEiner
    Community Member

Not at my Mac mini

• Hello everyone,

In theory 1Password 6 should work fine on Mojave, with one caveat. Mojave includes Safari 12 (which is also available for other versions of macOS). Right now it is possible to install the 1Password 6 extension in Safari using the Safari Extension Gallery. That said Apple has already depreciated the Safari Extension Gallery and that will be going away entirely at some point. If you rely on 1Password in Safari it would be wise to upgrade to 1Password 7 before that happens. Shloka Kini, Developer Publications team member at Apple, said:

We’ll continue to accept submissions to the Gallery until the end of 2018. However, we will be coming up with more updates in the following year. And will eventually transition entirely to Safari App Extensions. So the best thing for you to do is learn how to develop extensions in [Safari App Extensions and Content Blockers].

(via https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/09/safari-12-extensions-more/ )

1Password 6 is no longer being developed, and there will be no further updates to it, so to keep moving forward you'll need to upgrade to 1Password 7. 1Password 7 does have the extension in Safari App Extension form. If you do have trouble with 1Password 6 on Mojave, you'd need to upgrade to 1Password 7 in order to get any fixes.

Thanks.

Ben

• danielkr
    danielkr
    Community Member

Ben, I emailed you two days ago, but still silence, so I'm asking here: what is the cost of upgrade from 6 to 7? I do not want to subscribe, but the license itself - how much does it cost?
    Daniel

• @danielkr,

From the bottom of: https://blog.1password.com/1password-7-for-mac-the-best-ever/

Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have. 1Password 7 for Windows will be released next week as a separate purchase.

• danielkr
    danielkr
    Community Member

Ok, so today (09/27) is for 65 or 50 usd? :)

• @danielkr,

Still $49.99 USD.

• chask
    chask
    Community Member

If I buy a Mac licence, do I need an additional licence for IOS? ie the iPad.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

@chask,

The basic features on iOS would not require a separate purchase but the Pro features would. They’re available as a in-app purchase.

Pro features in 1Password for iOS

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Ben

Where is the option to buy the license for 1Pv7? I downloaded 1Pv7 in the Appstore but I just saw the option to subscribe.. I also did not find on the site the option to buy a standalone license.

Could you give me the link where there is the option to buy a standalone license for 1Pv7?

• @rfloc

It isn’t possible to use a standalone license with the App Store. The App Store requires a 1Password membership. If you’d like a standalone license you’d need to download the app from our website. There isn’t a link to purchase because the purchasing is done in-app.

Download for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• annabolic2000
    annabolic2000
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

I've just installed Mojave on my MacBook Air and now I can't open 1Pv6 at all - it just crashes as soon as I enter my master password. I've installed 1Pv7 but can't access my account as I don't know my Secret Key and my MacBook Air is the only place I ever logged into 1P so unless I can open 1Pv6 on there I can't access any of my passwords at all including my Secret Key. What would you recommend? (I did back up my computer before I upgraded to Mojave so I guess I could revert to a backed-up version of my computer and access my passwords through that functioning version of 1Pv6 if I have to, before upgrading to 1Pv7, but there may be a better option.)

I know the Safari extension won't work and I can deal with that for now but I do need to be able to access my passwords through the main application.

Thanks.

• Hi @annabolic2000 ,

While in earlier versions of Mojave, 1Password 6 appeared to work, it looks like some are now having issues. 1Password 7 was released before Mojave, and it is the recommended version to use with Mojave.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• annabolic2000
    annabolic2000
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_kevin - I’ve restored from backup to go back to pre-Mojave and will get at my passwords that way. Thanks for confirming.

• Hi @annabolic2000 ,

After you've restored, you can see your secret key in the Preferences under Accounts. Note this is assuming you have a membership. If you don't have a membership, you don't have a secret key. If that is the case, then it sounds like you chose the option to set up using an account, rather than standalone.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.