Deleting 1Password7

Zoner1
Zoner1
Community Member

Downloaded 1Password7 from the AppStore thinking it was an update to 1Password6. I do not want to purchase a subscription, but would like to continue to 1Password 6 (at least until you stop supporting the older version). I am unable to delete 1Password7 and it autoloads into the dock at startup and there is no way to delete it. I have tried force quitting, moving it out of the dock and into the trash - but it won't delete. I have also tried going into ~/Library/Containers and deleting the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper and the com.agilebits.onepassword7-launcher folders - but these come back when I re-start the laptop. Can you assist in getting rid of 1Password 7 completely from my computer?

While I would prefer to keep version 6, if necessary I would get rid of version 6 as well to get the annoying version 7 off my system completely.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Zoner1
    Zoner1
    Community Member

I was able to delete it via Launchpad due to a suggestion (on another thread) from TerryGrey.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Zoner1 - I'm glad you were able to solve this issue on your own (and apologies for the delay in our reply; we appear to be experiencing a surge of support requests, probably due to the simultaneous release of 7.2 and also macOS 10.14 (“Movjave”)). For the record, the proper way to remove 1Password for Mac (any version) is as follows:

• Quit 1Password Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    • Delete the 1Password app by dragging it to the trash. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash.
This discussion has been closed.