1P7 MacOS upgrade - image attachments total fail

travisbickle
travisbickle
Community Member

I have been using 1P6 app store with vault stored in iCloud.

I upgraded from 1P6 MacOS App Store to 1P7 MacOS App Store. 1P7 modified/upgraded the storage format.

In 1P7 I migrated (moved) data from the iCloud vault into the membership "Private" vault according to online instructions. Many of my items contain attachment images - 125 items or so. It appears that the migration from iCloud to membership vault has "separated" the attachments from the items. The entry list in the "Private" vault contains all my entries plus 125 additional entries that are PNG files. The entries that should contain attachments have the label "imported attachment" in the body of the item - when you click on this it jumps to the PNG item.

This is a really big problem as I rely on attachments with image quick look.

How do I fix this?

Thanks
Richard

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Membership

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @travisbickle

This is a change with 1Password.com Accounts. There is no such thing as Attachments. Instead you have Document items which represent the individual files. You can then link Documents to other items, and items to Documents.

When you import your data from 1Password's standalone vault system, which supports attachments, it will copy the item itself over to the account then if the item has attachments create a Document for each attachment, then link the item to each of the Documents that get created. It thus behaves pretty similarly, but you'll need to goto the Document in order to quick look on it.

• travisbickle
    travisbickle
    Community Member

Hi

Thanks for replying. That's disappointing - now I have to click twice to see an image, and 1Password items are now "polluted" with Document items that I don't want to see or use outside the context of the parent item.

But the most annoying feature is that the new Document items that appeared after migration have their created and last modified time set to the date/time of migration and not to the dates/times of the parent item. Thus, these new Document items appear at the top of my sorted list of items - 125 Document items!

I need to change the created and last modified times/dates on the Document items. How can I do that?

If I can't change these then this "upgrade" has been a total waste of time - not to mention the data loss during migration - and I might have to move to another product that doesn't break things with no warning.

Thanks

• I need to change the created and last modified times/dates on the Document items. How can I do that?

It isn't possible to change these timestamps, other than to edit the item (which will set the timestamp to the current date / time).

If I can't change these then this "upgrade" has been a total waste of time - not to mention the data loss during migration - and I might have to move to another product that doesn't break things with no warning.

I'm sorry to hear that. Documents provide a lot of flexibility that wasn't possible with attachments (such as the ability to have one Document linked to multiple other items). I understand change is sometimes jarring, but I think you may find in time that this is actually an improvement. If not, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.