sign in prompts when using browser extension

Options
mbuckman
mbuckman
Community Member

After upgrading to Mojave and updating 1Password I'm having an issue using the browser extension. When using the browser extension (I've tried Chrome and Safari) I am receiving a prompt to subscribe or sign in to my account whenever I click on i want to 'open and fill' to log on to a site that I have a saved sign in for. However, I purchased 1password years ago as a standalone app and therefore do not have any sign in information to provide (e.g., secret key). How can I get the browser extension to let me use its full functionality without providing log on information? Thank you in advance for your support!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mbuckman! If you "purchased 1Password years ago as a standalone app," then you'll need to make an additional purchase to use version 7 for Mac. Licenses from as far back as version 4 would work all the way up through version 6, but with version 7, it's a new purchase for everyone.

However, a lot has changed since "years ago," so I'd be remiss if I didn't mention aside from purchasing a new license for 1Password 7 for Mac, there's another, better way to use 1Password 7 -- a 1Password membership. For $2.99/mo (paid annually), you get a rock solid data storage and sync setup with no fiddling with advanced, 3rd party sync APIs, and you also get access to all four of our native 1Password apps (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android) included in that charge. There's a 30-day free trial of 1password.com (which would also allow you to try 1Password 7 for Mac for that month as well), if you want to take it for a test-drive. But the choice is yours! :)

This discussion has been closed.