Bought standalone back on 04-Nov-2015. Mac. I updated to 7. 6 license file not accepted and crashes

sulmanweb
sulmanweb
Community Member

I have license file of 1password 6 for mac but when I updated to 7.2. it save that I have to buy license. When I upload 6 license file, it crashes and does not get registered. Please help I cannot access my password now

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:standalone license not accepting 1password 6 file

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

1PW7 needs a new paid licence, your old one won't work.

That said, 1PW7 should not crash, just refuse to work. If you open 1PW7 again, I believe you will find a menu item for purchasing it. (I am a user, not an AgileBits staff member, which is why I can't be more precise.).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @sulmanweb! @danco is correct; unless you purchased 1Password 6 for Mac on or after March 27 of this year, 1Password 7 for Mac is either a new license purchase or requires a 1password.com membership, for everyone.

If you're still having trouble with 1Password 7 for Mac, can you let me know and tell me specifically what's going wrong? You should also have a zip file of your previous 1Password 6 for Mac app in your Applications folder. If you don't see it there and you require immediate access to your 1Password data, you can re-download and install version 6 from our downloads page (scroll down and look for the the "Using an older computer?" section near the bottom of the page.

This discussion has been closed.