7.2 Availability in Mac App Store

SpaceGray
SpaceGray
Community Member

I must be missing something, but I am currently running 1Password 7.1.2 on Mojave. I know that 1Password 7.2 has been released, but it is not available or updating through the Mac App Store. Is this no longer an option/should I download it directly instead? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

My guess would be that they are waiting for the Mac AppStore version to be approved by Apple? But would be great if we get an answer from someone from AgileBits team :chuffed:

• SpaceGray
    SpaceGray
    Community Member

I assumed the same, but it seems a little weird that one would be released without the other.

• @ondrejfuhrer,

If you're looking to take advantage of Dark Mode on Mojave in the near term I would recommend downloading from https://1password.com/downloads

the process to switch between the MAS and Direct download builds is:
    1. quit completely, drag app to trash
    2. install the other version
    3. launch it

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

@rudy what does "near term" mean? I kind of get, that if I download and reinstall it I will get that feature (and lot of bug fixes). But that doesn't really answer the original question, why the version 7.2 is not available through MAS?

• SpaceGray
    SpaceGray
    Community Member

@rudy, I have gone ahead and done that, but I would echo the above poster in regards to wondering why this is taking so much longer.

• @ondrejfuhrer

We are ironing out a submission issue and do not have an ETA on when it will be resolved.

• That’s the hope, @ivanw.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.