Username and Password is not populating in the fields.

gedmond
gedmond
Community Member

Username and Password is not populating in the fields on all my websites. It shows the Fill button, but it still doesn't populate when I click the Fill. I have tried to download 1password extension however, it says it's already installed. But, it doesn't appear anywhere in my Applications folder.

Using 1Password 7 v.7.1.2

Safari v.12.0

macOS High Sierra v.10.13.6

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Username and Password is not populating in the fields. It shows the Fill button, but it still doesn't populate. I have tried to download 1password extension however, it says it's already installed. But, it doesn't appear anywhere in my Applications folder. 
Using 1Password 7 v.7.1.2
Safari v.12.0
macOS High Sierra v.10.13.6

Comments

• nschick
    nschick
    Community Member

I am having the same problem as well. Trouble occurs with both using Command + \ (1Password doesn't even open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the extension) as well as when opening 1password.com and clicking on "Open and Fill." Really, the extension doesn't seem to be working at all, in that even when I get it to open, it doesn't pull up the password information for the page I'm currently on. For example, if I'm on bank website and use Command + \, the bank website login info doesn't pull up automatically for me to even choose from. I have to search for the login info, which I don't recall being the set up before installing the new version. It's become very cumbersome use. Also, it's not asking me if I'd like to save new login when I create a new account on some website. Help!

• gedmond
    gedmond
    Community Member

Someone, please help us!!! This issue is very frustrating!

• Hi folks,

The fact that you don't see 1Password in your Applications folder is indicative of a problem. Do you see the 1Password icon in your Dock? If so what happens when you right click on it and select Options > Show in Finder? Where does that take you?

Ben

• gedmond
    gedmond
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

The 1Password icon is in my Applications folder as well as on the top bar of my screen. If I'm suppose to have an Extension, it's not showing anywhere...even though I've downloaded the extension from Agilebits (which it says it's installed when I try to click on the link to install it).

Thank you,
    Gina

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gedmond - thanks for the additional information. Did you recently upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac -- and perhaps not purchase the upgraded license? If 1Password 7 for Mac is unlicensed, it will not allow you to use the extension to fill your data.

• gedmond
    gedmond
    Community Member

@Lars - yes my subscription is current and active.

• gedmond
    gedmond
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@Lars - I got it fixed! @brenty solved it..."For it to work with Safari 12, you'll need to update to 1Password 7.2.1 and reboot, as we're using Apple's Safari App Extension APIs now."

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gedmond - glad to hear you're back up and running. :)

• gedmond
    gedmond
    Community Member

@Lars - thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.