How do I find reused passwords?

ssh
ssh
Community Member

Watchtower is great in showing me reused passwords. However, many times for me these are not actually "reused", but different URLs for the same login (SSO does this a lot, with various URLs all requiring the same login credentials). All that said, I cannot find how to look at all of the accounts with the same password. I also cannot find an easy way to "merge" these by expanding the URLs for one to include the URLs for another, thus collapsing the "reused" passwords into their proper place.

Help?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2 (70200017)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:How do I find reused passwords?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ssh - maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying properly, but in Watchtower, you should be shown the items grouped together by password. Is that not what you're seeing? You'll need to be in All Vaults view to do this, unless you only want to see the duplicated passwords for a single vault...but it should work. Let me know if that's not the case.

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member

@Lars, thanks. I had expected to be able to select the bright red bar to go to the duplicates. Now that I know to go to the Watchtower item in the left nav, I see them. However, I don't see a way to "merge" them. Is there one? What I mean is that I have multiple URLs which are used as part of a web site cluster, and the URL used to login isn't consistent. I have to store all of them for them to be filled properly. I can add multiple URLs to a given entry, but I don't know any way to do this when it's saved, so I have to "merge" them by pulling a URL from one, adding it to another, and deleting the former.

Thoughts?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ssh - no, there's no (automatic) way to merge these items. The way you've been doing it is currently the best way to go about it that I'm aware of. It's something I wish we had a little better way of doing, but it's also a sufficiently niche issue that we haven't yet been able to devote time to it.

This discussion has been closed.