Inaccurate Reused Passwords Count

Options
petermarcos
petermarcos
Community Member

Using v.7.2 (70200017) in Mojave 10.14, & I am getting 74 reused passwords in the sidebar, I also have 7.1.2 (70102000) running High Sierra same account with 16 reused passwords which is accurate. (2 computers) Is this a known bug in latest release as I didn't see it in prior versions under Mojave during beta testing?
Like the Dark look.
Thanks guys

1Password Version: 7.2 & 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3 & 7.2?? under Mojave
OS Version: OSX 10.14 & 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• diogoilheu
    diogoilheu
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm getting the same bug that I hadn't seen in any prior versions either. None of my passwords are used for more than one login, it applies to all my passwords that are currently in more than one vault.

I'm using Version 7.2.1 (70201002), I only noticed this bug after upgrading to 7.2 on Mojave.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petermarcos and @diogoilheu - sorry for the trouble. Is it possible that you have items in another vault - one that you have selected to not show in All Vaults view - that may have some of the same passwords as items that are in vaults that DO appear in All Vaults?

ref: apple-2031

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hey @Lars
    I guess my confusion is I don't get that miscount on High Sierra, just on Mojave, identical account & same vault on both Macs. I have both setups the same. See below. File vault name has been changed as of this post, with the same results.

• glitterfiend
    glitterfiend
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. While I can't say 100% that it's a Mojave-only issue (I updated to Mojave, and then immediately updated 1Password), I can confirm that removing my old Dropbox vault (which I'd duplicated when I switched over to a 1Password account) did resolve the issue - but, as Peter said, this wasn't an issue prior to update (whether it was the Mojave update or the 1Password update).

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member
    Options

It appears to be a Mojave issue, I have 2 side by side Mac's, 1 with Mojave the other is High Sierra. 1 Password in High Sierra doesn't give a count of reused as does Mojave, not sure why that is. See below.

• toddsherman
    toddsherman
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Same issue here. Massive number of logins marked as reused when I make it a point to always generate a new one. Number was not always this high - only noticed it after Mojave upgrade today. Also, all of these logins are only in 1 shared vault.

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.1 (70201001)
    Mac App Store

macOS 10.14 (18A391)

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member
    Options

I have 16 & hard to get around that number, Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, Gmail, Google Drive, etc. Having just a several, but manage reused by 2FA, although 74 is not accurate. Although it shows 74 it doesn't show the duplicated, very confusing, as High Sierra shows me duplicates, Mojave doesn't. It's definitely not Logins as I've checked that number & does not correlate to Reused. We'll see what TeamAgilbits has to say. It even shows duplicate for this forum & I'm using 26 random characters generated from Passmaker which definitely does not duplicate. See samples:
    u%R&g6*q&G95+vdl&1rJo&)^V9
    vC265GV22y@5J2J51%gKl2HuK!
    10@Q$#w8n$aX0!5b31cJ4UFfS&

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Lars, in response to your question yes, do have secondary vault (see 1st post) & it shows the same number of reused logins, I guess the question is why does High Siera version not show the same results? 2nd vault although similar is different, isn't that the purpose of having multiple vaults? Do I need to remove all entries in the second that are duplicates of primary vault even though not active?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey folks. I'm sorry for the confusion surrounding Watchtower item counts. To get this sorted, I think it's important that we establish the facts. Rather that assuming anything about different macOS and/or 1Password versions, can you check a few things?

1. Do you have all of your vaults shown in the All Vaults view (Preferences > Vaults)? If not, please have them all display for the purposes of verification here.
    2. Do you see anything listed under "Reused Passwords" which is an item with a password which is not duplicated somewhere in your vaults? Watchtower should be checking everything you've saved in the app.
    3. If you count the number of items listed under "Reused Passwords", does it match the count shown?

Thanks for reaching out about this, and your patience and willingness to investigate with us!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@petermarcos: A specific question for you: do you maybe have both a Login saved for the forum and a Password item with that same password, perhaps from when you originally generated it? Please search across all of your vaults, including the ones you've hidden.

This discussion has been closed.