I just updated 7.2

Samtheman67
Samtheman67
Community Member

Updated to OSmojave I have a personal and primary vault. I have a warning that my passwords are duplicated since I just updated to 7.2
Should I delete the primary vault and just use the personal vault? Of course both vault have the same passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:updated to macOS Mojave today then 1password sent me a update now all my passwords show duplicate

Comments

• @Samtheman67

Yes. :) The Primary vault is superfulous once you’re set up with your membership. I would recommend making sure you’re able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ before doing so. :)

Ben

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member

I only have the primary vault on my iPad and iPhone. How do I get the personal vault to my iPhone and iPad. How do I delete the primary vault after I get the personal vault to the iPhone and iPad.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Samtheman67 - if you are CERTAIN that the Personal vault from your 1password.com account has the same passwords as your older, standalone Primary vault, then you can remove it by clicking Preferences > Advanced and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." Once you've done that, you'll have only your 1password.com account on your Mac.

To get the same effect on your iOS devices, use these instructions to add your account, and then tap Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault. That will leave you running only your 1password.com account on all devices, in sync. :)

• Samtheman67
    Samtheman67
    Community Member

I have both primary and personal vaults on my mac. I have only the primary vaults on my iOS devices. How do i get the personal vault
    over to the iOS devices. What you said above sounds good except to getting my personal devices over to my iPhone and iPad. Oh I just saw the instruction to add to your account. I can bring over the personal vault before I delete the primary vault on my phone and iPad?

T

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Samtheman67 - yes. :) You can (and should!) add your account to 1Password for iOS prior to removing the older Primary vault, especially if you think you may have items on your iOS devices that weren't already moved over into your 1password.com account on your Mac.

This discussion has been closed.