Sync.com as a 1Password 7 licensed version sync resource

fourwheelcycle
fourwheelcycle
Community Member

Does AgileBits have any experience using Sync.com as a sync resource for the 1P7 licensed version?

Sync.com gets good reviews as a zero knowledge cloud storage site. It offers a free 5 GB account that will sync files across multiple computers. You locate the files and folders you want to keep in sync in a designated Sync folder on each computer. When you make a change to any file in your Sync folder the Sync.com wheel in your menu bar spins, sucks your file change into your cloud storage account, and downloads the file change to the Sync folders in your other computers - immediately or the next time the other computers are connected to the internet.

I recently set up a free account with Sync.com to keep several important files and folders in sync across my computers, including my 1P7 OPVaults. Previously I directed my computers to a shared OPVault on a network drive plugged into my Apple Time Capsule. Now each computer has its own OPVault located in a local folder in its designated Sync folder. So far the OPVaults are all keeping in sync.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fourwheelcycle

We don’t have experience here, and it isn’t a supported configuration, but in theory it should be fine so long as you’re only syncing desktop platforms. It won’t work with iOS.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.