Have 2 vaults primary and personal both are showing Duplicate Passwords which is not true.

Options
Samtheman67
Samtheman67
Community Member

Both vaults are showing that all my passwords I have are duplicates. It comes up with the orange warning. How do I get rid of this error message. It shows up on all my log in screens. Everything is working on the log in with no trouble. Just up dated 1password and Mac Mojave.
This started after the new up date of 1 password. My version 7.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have 2 vaults primary and personal both are showing Duplicate Passwords which is not true.

Comments

• @Samtheman67

Did you upgrade from 1Password standalone to a membership? Does the Primary vault have the same contents as the Personal vault? Are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new and see all of your items?

Please let me know the answers to each of these three questions.

Ben

• David_
    David_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm not the OP but I have the same question. I upgraded from standalone 6 to version 7 membership. The primary vault has all but 2 items from the personal vault (but can't locate them). When I log in as above all my items are there where they should be. Any help appreciated.

David (macos mojave, 1password 7.1.2)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@David_ - you're almost there; you just need to delete the Primary vault, and continue on with only your 1password.com account vault. To do that, first make SURE you've transferred all your data over from Primary to Personal, and once you're certain, visit Preferences > Advanced and un-check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." That will remove your Primary vault. You'll need to also repeat this process on any other devices on which you run 1Password: delete the Primary vault so you're running your 1password.com vault(s) only. Let us know if you have questions.

• David_
    David_
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, and thank you for replying. It's ok, I figured it out in the end! I thought 'primary' meant 'most important' but all is good now. Thank you again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@David_ - glad to hear it! :) Let us know if you have any further questions or difficulties.

This discussion has been closed.